If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...

If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...
UNDATABLE!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Can't We All Just Get Along?

We met at a party and he was extraordinarily good looking. So when he asked for my phone number I obviously had no reservations giving it to him. Date #1 was followed by date #2 which inadvertently led to date #3. By date #4 I knew I liked him. A lot. He picked me up and as per usual was quick to compliment the way I looked. He then followed up his initial flattering words with something that unquestionably baffled the hell outta me. "I guess I half expected you to be dressed in basketball shorts...I mean, due to the fact that you're Polynesian. Call it 'Racial Profiling' I'm just used to seeing Tongan girls in basketball shorts." Apparently he missed the memo where I'm only half Poly. Sheesh. I gave him what I can only imagine was a look of sheer bewilderment, but due to my being totally and utterly perplexed, didn't say anything else to him as we headed to his car. 

The dialogue on the way to the restaurant was strained, though I tried to keep an optimistic attitude. The conversation then switched to the whole 'where do you see yourself in five years?' mode, and my date chimed in..."I really think we'd make beautiful babies together. But of course I'd want them to have my skin color." Immediately I inquired why he would say that, to which he replied, "Well I guess because I can visualize it now. I can picture them driving down State Street and having an officer pull them over due to the fact that their skin is brown and just automatically assuming that they're in a gang. Not to mention, statistically speaking of course, that if they ended up being brown, odds are that they'd either end up on welfare or in prison. I'm just saying that it would be easier for them if they were white."

If your date is a racist...UNDATABLE!



1 comment: