If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...

If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...
UNDATABLE!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Save A Horse...Ride A Cowboy

I believe first and foremost that the biggest issue we were going to face was the idea that we had met at a rodeo. I’m not saying that there isn’t some good ‘ol fashioned, down home troddin’, line dance sprawlin’ fun to be had at a rodeo.  I’m simply saying that the odds of meeting a guy with whom you could date seriously, introduce to the family, proceed to court, get engaged, enter into a martial contract, procreate, and find yourself seated next to on some old rickety front porch, rocking back and forth in an aged rocking chair sipping Country Time Lemonade watching your posterity engage in recreational activities on your front lawn is almost certainly slim to none.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the second biggest issue at hand (IMOTOAG) was that by all intents and purposes I am without a doubt, what most people would refer to as a “City Girl”. I know what you’re thinking, with that particular phrase comes a lot of negative connotation…but I don’t necessarily consider all of the stigma that goes along with being a “City Girl” as unscrupulous.  I think it merely means that I find bugs, insects and other creatures repugnant.  I believe that ultimately camping is Mother Nature’s way of promoting the hotel industry.  I’ve found over the years that I’m deathly allegoric to port-o-potties. I think the idea of sleeping under the stars, whilst sprawled out in a bag that solely has one opening and utilizes flannel as its chief device to try and keep you warm, should be considered abuse. Or neglect. Or both.

That does NOT however deem me to be high maintenance. I can get down and dirty with the best of ‘em. (TWSS) I’ve got three older brothers who have taught me how to be resilient and robust…despite the fact that I bruise like a peach. 

All of this being said, I found myself indisputably eager for my date with Mr. Cowboy McBullRider, so much so that when the doorbell rang the butterflies in my stomach instantaneously began to flutter. I raced down the stairs, threw the door open and greeted him with an embrace. We walked arm-in-arm down my walkway and then I saw it. The mode of transportation that my date regarded as perfectly acceptable to tool around town in was in actuality a HORSE!

If your date picks you up on a horse and he's not wearing a suit of armor…UNDATABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment