If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...

If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...
UNDATABLE!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Isn't It About...Time?

In the majority of the “relationships” I’ve been in, I’ve been the giver. While the D.B.'s I've dated have solidified their place as the takers. That’s definitely not me bragging…or being narcissistic…or tooting my own horn; I’m merely stating facts.

I recently found myself dating a guy who appeared to be the total package. College grad, great job, athletic, charming, funny, good looking, six pack, yada, yada, yada.  As his birthday approached I started to contemplate the ever important gift giving ideas, and began mulling them over in my head. I even started making lists on scratch paper so I could be sure to emphasize the pros, abolish the cons, and somehow try to procure the perfect gift. 

I didn’t want to give him your typical “U.C.-girl run-of-the-mill-come-to-my-house-while-I-make-you-dinner-and-allow-you-to-do-the-‘Provo Push’-with-me” kind of gift. I wanted it to have significance. After days of contemplating I settled on the newest limited edition Nixon watch, which despite costing almost a whole months salary, was so ideal, I knew that he had to have it.

His birthday had finally arrived and after surprising him with dinner at his favorite restaurant (complete with The Sweet Tooth Fairy’s red velvet cupcakes...his absolute FAV!) I pulled out the flawlessly wrapped package that represented hours of pondering/lack of sleep/pressure. As he ripped apart the blue and silver wrapping paper I couldn’t help but beam…I was sure I’d found the epitome of what could quite possibly go down in history as the World’s Most Superlative Gift Ever! I was watching him intently, bracing myself for the massive bear hug I was sure to receive, but as he stared at my masterpiece, turning it over and over again in his hands, his affect remained flat. There was about as much emotion on his face as Rain Man. He then looked up at me and said in the most imperturbable voice “I don’t like it, the face of the watch just isn’t big enough. Why don’t you go ahead and return it and when you’re at the store picking out a different one just text me pictures of the ones you’re looking at and I’ll let you know if it’ll work for me.”

If your date asks you to return the watch you purchased for him for his birthday because the “Face isn't big enough!”…UNDATABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment