If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...

If Your Date Shows Up Wearing A Shirt Covered In One Of These...
UNDATABLE!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

No Use In Crying Over Thrown Phones

For those of you who know me, you are already well aware of the fact that my phone is actually an appendage of me. Sometimes people inadvertently mistake me for having three arms…well, if a third arm could be pink, box-like, and look as though someone bedazzled the hell out of it.


To my credit I happen to be a firm believer in the whole “Don’t Text While You’re On A Date” rule, but I also happen to believe that there are exceptions to almost all rules, and if you are in need of your phone due to a work or family emergency, responding to phone calls or text messages becomes fair game.

That being said, it was my evening to be on-call for work, but due to my ability to multi task, I also happened to be out with a guy that I genuinely liked. So much so that I found myself sitting at a pretty reputable restaurant smack-dab in the middle of the Riverwood’s Shopping Center on our fifth (that’s right…#5!) date. It was going well, the food was delicious, the company was enjoyable, the waiter was well above average looking and then it happened. My phone, which happened to be sitting in the middle of the table, gave off a small vibrating sensation letting the world know that a text message awaited a reply. Instinctively I grabbed for my phone to see who would be in need of my services. I pulled up the text, read through it and then nonchalantly sat my phone back down on the table not really giving it much thought. That is until I noticed my date stand up in one fell swoop, grab my phone all while yelling at the top of his lungs…”If you like your phone so much, why don’t you try having a relationship with it!”…and then proceeded to throw my bedazzled life line at me, as fast and as hard as he could.


If your date throws a phone at you…UNDATABLE!


2 comments: